Thursday, October 21, 2010

Friend


My friend. Her name is Amanda Johnson but I call her friend; because that's just exactly what she is and what she will always be. Friend has been a tender mercy to me ever since I can remember. When I was a brand new missionary struggling to adjust to the lifestyle she sent me a letter that saved me from running as fast as I could back to the U.S. Friend and I seem to experience many of the same trials, events, and experiences at the same time--which has become my saving grace. Knowing I have someone to chat with that feels the same about life right now as I do is basically priceless and indescribable.

You see friend and I are the last of our group of college friends to get married. (sorry for bringing the attention of that to everyone friend) and I just don't know what I'd do without our consistently lengthy chats about guys and dating and marriage. A definite lifesaver!

Friend and I graduated from college together and shared our graduation dinner at the Chef's Table with our families. We wanted our families to meet because we are family. I call her friend but really she's more like a sister. (we even both invited "guests" that probably should not have been in attendance...haha)

Friend and I served missions at the same time so we've always had such great memories to share! Luckily she started a little before me and could lay out a little bit of a map for me.

I would suggest you all meet my friend. She's wonderful and I know you'll all love her just as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are both the best! I LOVE you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhhhhh boy. WHAT in the world is this little post all about? friend, you're the sweetest! you also know how to embarrass me.

    ReplyDelete