Sunday, August 15, 2010

A friend

Lately I've been thinking about those people who have been placed in my life to help me along the path. Through the struggles, trials, tribulations and the happiness, smiles, and laughter. Here are some of my thoughts about who these people are:

A friend is someone who makes you want to be better. To push yourself to becoming an improved person
someone who thinks about your well-being
who cares enough to call and find out how life has been
who listens
someone that wants to share life with you. The good, the bad, and the ugly. They feel what you feel and are happy to do so
a friend loves you for who you are and uplifts you
is proud of you for your accomplishments and laughs with you about your failures
helps you feel the spirit
will cry with you when needed
who understands and agrees with you...even when you both know you're wrong
a friend knows what's going on in your life and remembers to remind you how loved you are

In the last week I have had some life-changing chats with some of the greatest friends I've ever known. When I think about these people and the ways in which they have come into my life I can see the reality of tender mercies taking place. I have been blessed by some really incredible friends. You know who you are. This is my way of thanking you for being a part of my life and showing my gratitude for your unwavering faith, kind words, thoughtful hearts, and patience.

3 comments:

  1. Karin, this was such a beautiful post. Perfectly put. I've been thinking a lot about friends lately too, they are so important. And people have no idea what effect they have on your life. I don't know if you consider me your friend, hehe, but I'm glad to have YOU as MY friend! And I'm excited to see you again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post - you have perfect timing. Apparently me, you, and Cami have all been thinking about this lately! :) I am SO grateful that you and Cami are my friends and that we have started to connect again. I was so uplifted and I went home feeling so good after our lunch conversation and I can't wait to keep adding to our friendship!

    ReplyDelete