Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Vernal Temple

July 6, 2010...Bella's first road trip! (My car) We drove her the 3 1/2 hours to Vernal, Utah to do a session at the temple. It was dry and hot and there's not much out in that region of the world but some parts of the drive are really beautiful areas. Especially this year since the mountains and everything are so green on account of all the snow we received. (And YES we're still bitter that we had snow until June...even if good things have come from it!!!)

While in the temple we sat down in the chapel and I looked around and realized that not only was I the youngest person by 50 years (minus my Mom of course) in the room...but my Mom was extremely young in this crowd too! Really young! I would be willing to venture out and say we were definitely outsiders in this room full of elderly farmers but nonetheless the people were so kind to us and we enjoyed the opportunity to experience one of the Lord's houses that neither of us had attended before.

A neat fact about the Vernal temple: It was built in 1907 and then remodeled in 1997.




No comments:

Post a Comment