Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's the WORLD CUP baby!

I admit that I quickly jumped on the World Cup bandwagon this year! I had to cheer on my two favorite countries! Luckily Argentina made it a little further than the U.S. and were part of the quarter finals.

My favorite game was Argentina vs. Mexico. I lucked out and it was totally cloudy/rainy in Maui the day they played...so I didn't have to feel guilty staying inside to watch them dominate! I got so into the game and didn't even realize I liked futbol/soccer all that much until I found myself yelling at the T.V.

For the game against Germany some of my mission friends (Harrison Taylor and Logan Reynolds) and I woke up early (it started at 8:00 on a Saturday) and got together to watch Argentina get stomped on. Totally disappointing but still fun! Emilee made us homemade doughnuts on account of our loss. Bless her heart. And then we swam--mostly just to make ourselves feel better about seeing our team lose so badly! A pool day ALWAYS makes a person happy.

Maybe next time we'll be a little more prepared for those dang European teams!

No comments:

Post a Comment