Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Salta Argentina

Phase 2 of the Argentina trip. As we flew into Salta I felt unbelievably happy. It was difficult for me to hold back my enthusiasm even knowing it may not be the same...and in fact could have been full of disappointments. I reminded myself it didn't matter what happened; just being able to see the place I lived for 18 months of my life and share that experience with my parents would be marvelous! We got lucky and saw SO many of my friends and converts during our 4 day stay. As the plain landed I felt a rush of happiness come over me. It felt amazing to be in a foreign country that, in my mind, happens to be my second most familiar place in the world.

A timeline of Salta:
Saturday, May 15th
Leaving Buenos Aires

The river that makes up the Argentina/Uruguay border
We also saw:
  • Mariana Navarro-A recent convert from 3 Cerritos (one of my areas)
  • The Nunez Family-members from 3 Cerritos
  • Viejo Jacks-a restaurant that has some of the best steaks you'll ever put in your mouth. mmm-just thinking about it makes my mouth water.
Sunday, May 16th
  • Attended sacrament meeting in two of my areas: 3 Cerritos and Portezuelo. Seeing how the wards have progressed and how the members and converts we worked with were doing was incredibly rewarding. So many recognizable faces and SO much love!

  • Lunch with The Nunez Family. That's one thing about Argentines...they will never ever let you go without eating in their home. This family is a particularly special one that is especially considerate of the missionaries.
  • ...and afterwards a trip on (notice I said on...and not in...because some of us had to ride on the back flatbed standing up) this truck up the Virgin Mary hill behind their house:

  • Spent the evening with Claudia and Rodrigo, her son. I lived with them the last 6 months of my mission so it was wonderful to get to be in a place I once called my home with people who were my family during that time.
My old bedroom-shared with Hna. Johnson and Hna. Bustamante
"El Reino Celestial"--due to the fact that we had an air conditioner

No comments:

Post a Comment